We’re Hiring – Principal Designer / CDM Consultant
MLA are looking for a young, dynamic, enthusiastic person to join our award-winning practice.
At a company level you are expected to:
- Commit to and support the Company’s Vision and culture
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures.
In line with our company Values you are expected to:
- Be Considerate: Care about your colleagues and clients, and always consider the implications of our work for people, businesses and the environment.
- Be Innovative: Listen carefully to our clients and collaborate to develop inventive architectural and spatial solutions aligned with their vision.
- Be Passionate: Be energised and inspired by how architecture can transform the ways people live & work.
The ideal candidate will:
Have a degree at 2:2 level or above.
Have an interest in construction health and safety – previous CDM related experience would be helpful, however not mandatory.
Communicate effectively with all parties.
Be able to self-manage day-to-day tasks and have awareness of overall project timescales.
Initially assist the Head of CDM in fulfilling the duties of the principal designer on a variety of projects.
Receive internal training and mentoring from the Head of CDM to develop knowledge and experience for the role.
Attend internal CPDs and furthering technical knowledge.
Involvement in the company Functional Structure in a supporting capacity.
Have an awareness of business and service development activities and supporting as required.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Good report writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Adobe suite – Photoshop/ InDesign
- Revit (basic understanding/experience)
- Autocad (basic understanding/experience)
In return we offer a competitive salary / flexi-working / private medical insurance / life assurance / company pension / fitness classes / active CPD programme / cycle to work scheme / good career progression opportunities.
Location of employment will be in our Edinburgh or Glasgow offices however candidates based in other locations will also be considered.
Please send your CV with an idea of salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org